[Sticky] Cannabis and Calcium
Calcium helps your Cannabis plant have healthy stems, branches, and stalks. It also helps out with the root system development. Without enough calcium, your plant won’t be able to absorb potassium properly, which is why Calcium problems tend to pop up in early or late flower. Calcium also helps your plants handle stress factors, such as very warm temperatures, and higher ph levels.
Noticeable signs of a Calcium Deficiency:
- Dead spots
- Spotting / Mottling
- Small brown spots
- Stunted growth (Lack of Potassium)
- Small or distorted new leaves
- Curled tips
- Leaf die-off
- Affected leaves may appear dark green besides the spots
Calcium deficiencies are most likely to appear when
- Growers who use reverse osmisis (RO) water to feed plants. Tap water usually has enough calcium to prevent calcium deficiencies
- If you are growing in hydroponics with nutrients that don't supplement calcium or when growing in water that has less than 6.4 pH (Will need to add Calcium)
- Growing in coco that hasn't been supplemented with calcium or below 6.4 pH
- When growing in soil or soilless growing medium that hasn't been supplemented with calcium (usually from dolomite lime) or is acidic (below 6.4 pH)
- Too much potassium.
How to Fix?
Organic Growers can add Dolomite Limestone to there soils which will help with Calcium levels.
🌱Cannabis Live Grow : https://www.twitch.tv/thebudlabca